bigtimeblog

another day, another blog

Monday, August 16, 2004

The Last Time I Saw a Hurricane This Close . . .

Ok there was no last time. We watched the trees across the culdesac bending almost to breaking, power went out, and then a bit of calm. We stepped out front to see the bottom of the roots of our 50-foot oak facing the front door.

The wind had calmed down, and we noticed the irrigation line had broken when the tree fell over, so I went out front to shut off the irrigation valve.

My neighbor across the street called to me that her front window had blown in (facing the wind), so I got a big piece of cardboard from the garage to help reinforce the opening. I got back over to the house about the time the winds picked up smartly from the opposite direction they had just been.

Can you say Eye of the Storm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home